Printing in black and white on a color printer
You may wish to print documents in black and white on a color printer, to save expensive color ink or toner or to make handouts of slides with dark backgrounds easier to read. Several choices are available.
To print the current document in black and white or grayscale:
- Click File > Print to open the Print dialog.
- Click Properties to open the properties dialog for the printer. The available choices vary from one printer to another, but you should find an option for Color. See your printer’s help or user manual for more information.
- The choices for color may include black and white or grayscale. Choose one of these. Grayscale is best if you have any graphics in the document. Click OK to confirm your choice and return to the Print dialog, then click OK again to print the document.
To set up OOo to print all color text and graphics as grayscale:
- Click Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Print to display the
Print Options dialog.
- Select the Convert colors to grayscale checkbox. Click OK to save the change.
To set up Impress to print all color text as black, and all graphics as grayscale:
- Click Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org Writer > Print.
- Under Quality, select the Grayscale or Black & white checkbox. Click OK to save the change.