Some of the supplied slide masters have text objects in the footer. You can add other text objects to the master page for your slides to act as a header or a footer.
- Choose View > Master > Slide Master from the menu bar.
- On the Drawing toolbar, select the Text icon.
- Click once and drag in the master page to draw a text object, and then type or paste your text into the object or add fields as described below.
- Choose View > Normal when you are finished.
To add a field, such as the date or page number, to a text object in the header or footer, choose Insert > Fields. and select the required field from the submenu. If you want to edit a field in your slide, select it and choose Edit > Fields.
The fields you can use in Impress are:
- Date (fixed).
- Date (variable) —updates automatically when you reload the file.
- Time (fixed).
- Time (variable)—updates automatically when you reload the file
- Author—First and last names listed in the OpenOffice.org user data.
- Page number (slide number).
- File name.
|| To change the number format (1,2,3 or a,b,c or i,ii,iii, etc.) for the page number field, choose Format > Page and then select a format from the list in the Layout Settings area. To change the author information, go to Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > User Data.