Inserting a slide from another presentation
You can insert slides from other presentations in three ways:
- Using Insert > File. With this method, you can optionally link the slides instead of copying (embedding) them into the presentation.
- Copying and pasting.
- Dragging and dropping, to copy or move slides.
To insert a slide from another presentation:
- In Normal view, select the slide after which you want to insert the new slide, then choose Insert > File from the menu bar.
- In the file browser, locate the file containing the slide that you want to insert, and click Insert.
- In the Insert Slides/Objects dialog, click the plus sign next to the icon for the presentation file, and then select the slides that you want to insert. (You can see that the slides would be easier to select if they had more descriptive names.)
- Optionally select the Link checkbox.
- Click OK. The slides are inserted after the selected slide in the presentation.
Inserting slides from another presentation.
To copy and paste slides between presentations:
- Open the presentations that you want to copy from and paste into.
- In the presentation containing the slides that you want to copy, choose View > Slide Sorter.
- Select the slides, and then choose Edit > Copy, or click the Copy button on the main toolbar, or press Control+C.
- Change to the presentation where you want to paste the slides, and then choose View > Normal.
- Select the slide that you want the copied slides to follow, and then choose Edit > Paste, or click the Paste button on the main toolbar, or press Control+V.
To copy or move slides between presentations:
- Open the presentations that you want to copy or move slides between. Arrange the windows so both presentations are visible. Choose View > Slide Sorter in each window.
- In the presentation containing the slides that you want to copy or move, select the required slides. To move the slides, drag and drop them into the other presentation. To copy the slides, hold down the Control key while dragging and dropping.