The Workspace has five tabs: Normal, Outline, Notes, Handout, and Slide Sorter. These five tabs are called View buttons. There are also many toolbars that can be used during slide creation; they are revealed by selecting them with View > Toolbars. The Workspace is below the View buttons. This is where you assemble the various parts of your selected slide.
Each view is designed to make completing certain tasks easier. In summary:
- Normal view is the main view for creating individual slides. Use this view to format and design slides and to add text, graphics, and animation effects.
- Outline view shows topic titles, bulleted lists, and numbered lists for each slide in outline format. Use this view to rearrange the order of slides, edit titles and headings, rearrange the order of items in a list, and add new slides.
- Notes view lets you add notes to each slide that are not seen when the presentation is shown.
- Slide Sorter view shows a thumbnail of each slide in order. Use this view to rearrange the order of slides, produce a timed slide show, or add transitions between selected slides.
- Handout view lets you print your slides for a handout. You can choose one, two, three, four, or six slides per page from Tasks pane > Layouts. Thumbnails can be re-arranged in this view by dragging and dropping them.