The Slides pane contains thumbnail pictures of the slides in your presentation, in the order they will be shown (unless you change the order). Clicking a slide selects it and places it in the Workspace. While it is there, you can apply any changes desired to that particular slide.
Several additional operations can be performed on one or more slides in the Slides pane:
- Add new slides at any place within the presentation after the first slide.
- Mark a slide as hidden so that it will not be shown as part of the slide show.
- Delete a slide from the presentation if it is no longer needed.
- Rename a slide.
- Copy or move the contents of one slide to another (copy and paste, or cut and paste, respectively).
It is also possible to perform the following operations, although there are more efficient methods than using the Slides pane:
- Change the slide transition following the selected slide or after each slide in a group of slides.
- Change the sequence of slides in the presentation.
- Change the slide design. (A window opens allowing you to load your own design.)
- Change slide layout for a group of slides simultaneously. (This requires using the Layouts section of the Tasks pane.)