You can customize toolbars in several ways, including choosing which icons are visible and locking the position of a docked toolbar, as described in Chapter 1 (Introducing OpenOffice.org). This section describes how to create new toolbars and add other icons (commands) to the list of those available on a toolbar.
To get to the toolbar customization dialog, do any of the following:
- On the toolbar, click the arrow at the end of the toolbar and choose Customize Toolbar.
- Choose View > Toolbars > Customize from the menu bar.
- Choose Tools > Customize from the menu bar and pick the Toolbars page.
The Toolbars page of the Customize dialog
To customize toolbars:
- In the Save In drop-down list, choose whether to save this changed toolbar for the application (for example, Writer) or for a selected document.
- In the section OpenOffice.org < name of the program (example: Writer) > Toolbars, select from the Toolbar drop-down list the toolbar that you want to customize.
- You can create a new toolbar by clicking on the New button, or customize existing toolbars by clicking on the Toolbar or Modify buttons, and add commands to a toolbar by clicking on the Add button. These actions are described below.
- When you have finished making all your changes, click OK to save them.