This method does not include any graphics or text from the new template; it simply includes styles from the new template and establishes an association between the template and the document.
- Download the Template Changer extension from
 and install it as described in
Adding templates using the Extension Manager.
- Close and reopen OpenOffice.org. Now the File > Templates menu has two new choices: Assign Template (current document) and Assign Template (folder).
- Open the document whose template you want to change. Choose File > Templates > Assign Template (current document).
- In the Select Template window, find and select the required template and click Open.
- Save the document. If you now look in File > Properties, you will see the new template listed at the bottom of the General page.