Inserting columns and rows
Columns and rows can be inserted individually or in groups.
|| When you insert a single new column, it is inserted to the left of the highlighted column. When you insert a single new row, it is inserted above the highlighted row.
Cells in the new columns or rows are formated like the corresponding cells in the column or row before (or to the left of) which the new column or row is inserted.
Single column or row
A single column or row can be added using the Insert menu:
- Select the column or row where you want the new column or row inserted.
- Select either Insert > Columns or Insert > Rows.
A single column or row can also be added using the mouse:
- Select the column or rows where you want the new column or row inserted.
- Right-click the header.
- Select Insert Rows or Insert Columns.
Multiple columns or rows
Multiple columns or rows can be inserted at once rather than inserting them one at a time.
- Highlight the required number of columns or rows by holding down the left mouse button on the first one and then dragging across the required number of identifiers.
- Proceed as for inserting a single column or row above.