At times one comes across the need to capture the screen.
That is, to save what you see on your display, or in a window on your
display, into an graphics file. Perhaps you want to impress your
colleagues with how you've managed to settle upon a wonderful
combination of Gnome and Metacity themes
A number of options exist, including:
- Gnome's Screenshot tool under the Actions menu;
- Gnome's Screenshot as a command: gnome-panel-screenshot;
- Gnome's Keyboard Shortcut, usually assigned to the Print key;
- ImageMagick's import command;
- Gimp's FileAcquireScreenshot.
Copyright © 1995-2006 [email protected]