Other Resources and Further Learning
- For a lighter but broader introduction to concepts not covered in the
take a look at Common Android Tasks.
- The Android SDK includes a variety of fully functioning sample applications
that make excellent opportunities for further learning. You can find the sample
applications in the
samples/ directory of your downloaded SDK, or browser them
here, in the Sample Code section.
- This tutorial draws from the full Notepad application included in the
samples/ directory of the SDK, though it does not match it exactly.
When you are done with the tutorial,
it is highly recommended that you take a closer look at this version of the Notepad
as it demonstrates a variety of interesting additions for your application,
- Setting up a custom striped list for the list of notes.
- Creating a custom text edit view that overrides the
method to make it look like a lined notepad.
- Implementing a full
ContentProvider for notes.
- Reverting and discarding edits instead of just automatically saving